GCC Picnic Process
Responsible for the overall process of supplying and staging GCC picnics. Activities include:
- Proposing picnic dates and venues to the GCC Board.
- Arranging for use of facilities at picnic venues.
- Finding a Venue Manager for each picnic.
- Publicizing the picnic.
- Arranging for or providing a main course food item.
Equipment and Supplies Manager
- Maintain a stock of supply items needed at picnics and parties.
- Store equipment and supplies.
- Transport equipment and supplies to and from the picnic or party venue.
- Clean used flatware and serving utensils.
- Procuring sodas and ice for picnics and parties.
- Transport sodas in ice chests to picnics and parties.
- Transport a water cooler to picnics.
This is a non-cycling volunteer position. It does not require the same person do the job for each event. Responsible for:
- Arrive at the picnic location at the opening of the venue.
- Assist in the unloading of supplies, equipment, and fluids.
- Set up the venue for the picnic.
- Assist in putting up the shelter if one is used.
- Place the tables.
- Put out the flatware, plates, napkins, and cups.
- Stay at the venue to provide basic security.
- Assist in food preparation / presentation.
- Assist in equipment cleanup and teardown.
Gainesville Cycling Club Web Site